Enable East operates as part of North Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (NEPFT). Our governance arrangements ensure that we are able to operate autonomously ensuring that;
- we manage our work and our resources within the expected parameters for a NHS organisation
- we do not operate against the wider interests of the Trust
- information about the work that we deliver for customers is not shared with the Trust beyond the Enable East team
There is a small management board for Enable East that meets bi-monthly comprising;
- Chair - John Gilbert, Non-Executive Director - NEPFT
- Rick Tazzini, Executive Director of Resources - NEPFT
- Susannah Howard, Director - Enable East
- Gary Peverley, Associate Director of Business and Finance - Enable East
The annual business plan for Enable East is approved by the Trust Board and reviewed mid-year.
Chair - John Gilbert, Non-Executive Director, NEPFT
John Gilbert is the Chair of our management committee. He is a Non-Executive Director of the North Essex Partnership University Foundation Trust, where he chairs the Risk and Governance Executive and is a member of the Audit and the Nominations Committees.
John has over 20 years’ experience of leadership in complex organisations in both the public and private sectors. The main part of John’s career was with Barclays Bank in the UK and USA, where he held a number of senior management and executive positions in both line and head office functions. He served as Finance and Risk Director at business unit and divisional level and as Chief Operating Officer for the Group Central Functions. After leaving Barclays, served with Essex County Council as Director for Business Services and then as Director for Corporate Resources.
In addition to his roles with the Trust he is also a Principal Consultant with Glowinkowski International, a firm specialising in improving organisational and individual performance and an independent member of the Resources Committee for Scope, the national charity.